Search for Training
Upcoming Training Courses
In this new training, revised in 2022, you will learn:
- Emergency Preparedness requirements for early childhood programs operating in Virginia
- How to identify threats that face your program
- The importance of having an Emergency Preparedness plan and how to create one specific to your early childhood program
- The differences between evacuation, shelter in place, and lockdowns, and when to implement each procedure
- Essential supplies to have on hand
- How to effectively communicate with children, families, and staff during and after an emergency
Note: One of the new professional development requirements in the licensing regulations is Emergency Preparedness training. This class meets those requirements. With the new format, it is good for classroom workers and administration alike.
This orientation session is recommended for individuals/programs interested in the VDSS Subsidy Vendor Program to learn about the application process, all program requirements, and resources available to assist you, such as Child Care Aware of Virginia’s technical assistance and training programs, in collaboration with the Virginia Department of Social Services (VDSS).
Information will be provided on program eligibility, needed documentation, proper document storage, the background check process, TB Screening, required training such as the VDSS Virginia Pre-Service Training for Child Care Staff (10 hours), CPR/First Aid Training, the Virginia Health and Safety Update Annual Training (3 hours), Emergency Preparedness training, other professional development and child care business practices, and how to connect to your local Child Care Aware and Licensing offices for assistance.