The Childcare Network / Child Care Aware of Northern Virginia staff have been busy answering questions and gathering information during this challenging time. We want you to know that we are available to help you. We can be reached by phone and/or email. If you call, and no one answers, please leave a message. While the outbreak intensifies, we have stopped doing on-site visits.
Per Governor Northam's orders, all training classes have been cancelled through April 24, 2020. Please stay tuned for information on training courses taking place after this date.
We can be reached at the following:
Please let Child Care Aware of Virginia know if you are closing / or have closed your program, or your program is open and you have space for more children. Fill out the survey attached to this link:
Here are some additional links that might assist you with questions about the Coronavirus pandemic.
- CDC General Information Page on COVID-19
- CDC COVID-19 Fact Sheet
- CDC Guidance for Administrators of K-12 and Childcare Programs
- American Academy of Pediatrics guidelines for managing infectious diseases.
- Article regarding considerations for Diversity and Inclusion during the COVID outbreak – The Nova Collective.
- US Department of Health and Human Services Information
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Flyer on talking with children about infectious disease outbreaks.
- World Health Organization Information
In addition, please check with your local school systems and social services regarding families who may need meals and additional assistance.
Please be safe, and remember to do daily health observations before admitting the children to your program.
The Childcare Network