The Childcare Network - operating as Child Care Aware of Northern Virginia is part of a statewide network of Child Care Resource Centers providing services for families and for child care and preschool programs in 26 cities and counties in Northern Virginia.
Services for Families:
- Individualized child care referrals
- online http://va.childcareaware.org/find-quality-childcare/
- by phone at 1-866- KIDS-TLC
- Choosing Quality Child Care workshop
- Individual technical assistance and consumer education
- Free community outreach visits to raise awareness of the importance of quality care
Services for Providers:
Technical Assistance (TA) services. Free consultation, information and resource materials for early care professionals by phone, mail, email or on-site. Topics include:
- Regulation Assistance: meeting regulatory standards and addressing licensing deficiencies
- Business Supports: staff recruitment, hiring and retention guidelines and practices
- PD Advising: assistance in developing a professional development plan
- Emergency Preparation: creating an emergency response plan, child health & safety
- Child Development and care information and resources based on best practices
- School-Age Program Supports
- Curriculum/Program Development
VDSS Licensing http://childcareva.com/
VDSS Child Care Subsidy Vendor Program http://childcareva.com/
VA Shared Services Network https://www.vasharednetwork.org/default.
Infant Toddler Specialist Network http://www.va-itsnetwork.org/
VDSS Provider Scholarship Program http://www.dss.virginia.gov/family/cc/professionals_resources.cgi
Child Care Aware of Northern Virginia partners with Infant Toddler Family Day Care to deliver the Child Care Aware of Virginia's Scope of Services.