The Childcare Network - operating as Child Care Aware of Northern Virginia is part of a statewide network of Child Care Resource Centers providing services for families and for child care and preschool programs in 26 cities and counties in Northern Virginia.
Child Care Aware of Northern Virginia improves child care in Virginia by developing the child care workforce, maintaining comprehensive child care data, empowering families through education, and advocating for Virginia’s children.
Services for Families:
We empower and equip parents with the information and knowledge to make informed decisions about their child care situation through our Referral and Consumer Education program. We provide FREE customized referrals to programs in their area via our 1-866-KIDS TLC hotline and online at vachildcare.com, as well as information about child care options and how to choose safe, quality care.
- Individualized child care referrals
- online http://va.childcareaware.org/find-quality-childcare/
- by phone at 1-866- KIDS-TLC
- Choosing Quality Child Care workshop
- Individual technical assistance and consumer education
- Free community outreach visits to raise awareness of the importance of quality care
Services for Providers:
We offer access to professional training opportunities including FREE First Aid/CPR, Trauma Informed Care Part I & II, Strengthening Business Practices or Centers and Family Day Homes, Emergency Preparedness and Subsidy Orientations.
We offer FREE consultation services to child care providers via telephone, online, on-site, or via printed resources. This includes guidance on topics such as child development, child care regulations, quality enhancement, safety planning, family engagement, nutrition, accreditation, business management, the application process for the Child Care Subsidy Program and more. Our supports are provided to existing child care programs and can assist those interested in learning more about the steps to become state licensed centers or family day homes, voluntary registered or religious exempt centers.
- Regulation Assistance: meeting regulatory standards and addressing licensing deficiencies
- Business Supports: staff recruitment, hiring and retention guidelines and practices
- PD Advising: assistance in developing a professional development plan
- Emergency Preparation: creating an emergency response plan, child health & safety
- Child Development and care information and resources based on best practices
- School-Age Program Supports
- Curriculum/Program Development
Community Outreach & Advocacy
We participate in community events and visit organizations to increase awareness of the importance of quality child care. We facilitate advocacy opportunities and promote legislation to improve the lives of children and families, and the quality of care available in Virginia.
VDSS Licensing http://childcareva.com/
VDSS Child Care Subsidy Vendor Program http://childcareva.com/
VA Shared Services Network https://www.vasharednetwork.org/
Infant Toddler Specialist Network http://www.va-itsnetwork.org/
VDSS Provider Scholarship Program http://www.dss.virginia.gov/family/cc/professionals_resources.cgi
Child Care Aware of Northern Virginia partners with Infant Toddler Family Day Care to deliver the Child Care Aware of Virginia's Scope of Services.