The Childcare Network is a member organization of Child Care Aware of Virginia, Virginia’s child care resource and referral agency and most trusted child care resource. The network consists of 5 regional Resource Centers that assist consumers and child care providers. Child Care Aware of Northern Virginia improves child care in Virginia by developing the child care workforce, maintaining comprehensive child care data, empowering families through education, and advocating for Virginia’s children. Child Care Aware of Northern Virginia provides services for families & providers.
Services for Families:
We empower and equip parents with the information and knowledge to make informed decisions about their child care situation through our Referral and Consumer Education program. We provide FREE customized referrals to programs in their area via our 1-866-KIDS TLC hotline and online at vachildcare.com, as well as information about child care options and how to choose safe, quality care.
- Individualized child care referrals
- online http://va.childcareaware.org/find-quality-childcare/
- by phone at 1-866- KIDS-TLC
- Choosing Quality Child Care workshop
- Individual technical assistance and consumer education
- Free community outreach visits to raise awareness of the importance of quality care
Services for Providers:
We offer access to professional training opportunities including FREE First Aid/CPR, Trauma Informed Care Part I & II, Strengthening Business Practices or Centers and Family Day Homes, Emergency Preparedness and Subsidy Orientations. View and register for professional development opportunities via the CCAoVA Training Calendar.
We offer FREE consultation services to child care providers via telephone, online, on-site, or via printed resources. This includes guidance on topics such as child development, child care regulations, quality enhancement, safety planning, family engagement, nutrition, accreditation, business management, the application process for the Child Care Subsidy Program and more. Our supports are provided to existing child care programs and can assist those interested in learning more about the steps to become state licensed centers or family day homes, voluntary registered or religious exempt centers.
- Regulation Assistance: meeting regulatory standards and addressing licensing deficiencies
- Business Supports: staff recruitment, hiring and retention guidelines and practices
- PD Advising: assistance in developing a professional development plan
- Emergency Preparation: creating an emergency response plan, child health & safety
- Child Development and care information and resources based on best practices
- School-Age Program Supports
- Curriculum/Program Development
Shared Services is an easy-to-use web-based platform designed for child care centers and family child care providers to access templates, tools, and discounts on every day products and services. Access the VA Shared Services Network here: https://www.vasharednetwork.org/
Community Outreach & Advocacy
We participate in community events and visit organizations to increase awareness of the importance of quality child care. We facilitate advocacy opportunities and promote legislation to improve the lives of children and families, and the quality of care available in Virginia.